'Christmas Fly' Competition

PaulD

Time to share the results of the Christmas Fly Competition - a competition that has added new meaning to the expression 'lateral thinking'!

First out of the box is Cicada's Cymru Christmas Ant, designed to 'brighten up any fisherman's festive season' and owing much in its provenance to the Chernobyl Ant.

Continuing the colour theme and with the addition of a pair of very fetching Holly leaf 'ears' is Crockski's contribution - could be the 'Christmouse Fly'?

The next is T7's more traditional but equally inventive Father Christmas Fly - Ho Ho Ho!

Andrew (Avalon Angling) was the first to submit his flies........ for the Sea Trout swap.... and included a number of festive snake creations. Here's my favourite - a Christmas Snake.

However, this was a competition and as such there has to be a winner.... and the winner is (please imagine me fumbling with an envelope at this point) ........ pause for suspense ................ SILVER INVICTA!

Here is the 'Parachute Plum Duff' a wonderful combination of traditional tying skill, artistic flair and attention to detail .......... no problems with flotation either I'd hazard a guess...... brilliant!

Your prize will be in the post shortly JP.

Hoppy

Administrator
Staff member
BRILLIANT!!!!

Well done to all of you who took part, they are genius!

I would like to see if someone could catch a fish on them!!!

The Klinkpudding!

Thanks guys a really good comp!

Hoppy:D:D:D

bluecharm

Congratulations guys, ..... Those are all fantastic :D

Must have been hard to pick a winner, Paul, but the detail on the 'Klinkpudding' is something else.

Strange thing is, I reckon, right place right time, all of them could catch :)

Happy New Year.

BC.