Help to post pictures.

PaulD

Adding pictures to a post seems to be one of those things that tries the patience of many - I hope the following helps!

Firstly, register at Photobucket - it's free and it acts as a 'host' for your pictures and gives them an address, a URL, that enables you to put them into a forum post.

Then, when you're ready to post - click on the Insert Image icon -

Having done that, go to Photobucket and click on the Direct Link URL that's been given to your picture -

Now, you're ready to copy it into the Insert Image dialogue box that's sitting over your forum post.

Copy the Direct Link URL into the dialogue box -

Click OK and you're done!

Last edited:

jimac

re photos

re photos

paul d
could you please tell me why i can see my pics on my computer but other members can only see a white box saying the image has been removed,:confused:

PaulD

paul d
could you please tell me why i can see my pics on my computer but other members can only see a white box saying the image has been removed,:confused:
Are you saying that the pictures appear in posts on your computer? Are you 'hosting' your pictures at Photobucket and are you copying the correct 'Direct Link' URL into your post?

Lots of questions I know - but we'll get it sorted! :)

Hoppy

Administrator
Staff member
I hope that JIMAC has this sorted this now, we sorted out a few small glitches last night.

Hoppy

PS JIMAC, if you edit your posts you can re insert the code;)

jimac

photos

photos

thanks guys i think i know now why it was happening, i was deleting my pics from photo bucket,
so it seems to be sorted,
thanks a lot jim.:)

sewinfly

Photos

Photos

PaulD, when you preview can you view your completed message with picture?
Seem to have a problem.

sewinfly............

LB1

That seems miles easier than the last site,even a dumb bum like myself can do it.It'll be nice to add some more photos - that is if I can catch a thing,or even take a decent shot??!!

Thanks,

lb1

Themefrom

Another thing to watch is this. Once you have posted pics they are in the cache in YOUR computer and when you look at them on the site you're really looking at the cached pics in your own machine. This is how sometimes YOU see the pics normally and everyone else sees an empty box, or a message from the pic hosts saying its been pulled

PaulD

Cheers Andy!

That's a new one on me!

And it works! (A picture of the Lugg taken last year when the weather meant it was possible to go fishing!)

Last edited:
It is slightly quicker to use the IMG code, click on the IMG code (the bottom one of the four above) and paste that straight into your post;)

The end result is the same.

Andy
That is the feature that I "stumbled " on when first trying to get the "hang " of this posting pictures thing and iuse it more frequently than the other features only because it was the first way ..I do now, at times also use the"direct link" to get more characters in some of me more "long-winded posts ..as I have recently discovered there is a "character-limit" control type thing that prevents these digression

ACW

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh63/silkcutshrimp/Sco
test[IMG][IMG]http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh63/silkcutshrimp/Scotland_0003.jpg[/IMG]

got it ,now to late will start piccys when I get back from the frozen North , the guage above is the westerelchies beat one will be there friday

Last edited:

trinamadan

Hello , I was trying to post some pictures but I can,t figure out how to get the photobucket page and the sea trout page on the same screen.
Paul

S

silverinvicta

Trinamadan, you don't need to...Just copy and paste the IMG code from Pb to the forum page, open the forum and minimise it, then open Pb and copy then maximise the forum and paste..
hope this helps..

Si...