Shrimps...

PVJensen

Tied a couple of shrimps today. First, I tried to piece together a pattern for a friend of mine who`s going to Norway(salmon). First one turned out a ”very-close-to-not-even-being-a-variation-of-a-Cascade-shrimp”:eek:.

Hook : Partridge Big Mouth Double, #18
Thread : Black(a bit thinner than 8/0. Don´t know the exact number:()
Tail : One of Sue`s orange fox colours(underfur removed)
Body : Pearl mylar tinsel
Wing : Black fox(underfur removed), 2 strands of Krystal Flash
Rear front hackle : Orange
Middle front hackle : Brown
Front front hackle : Badger

”Improvised” saltwater shrimp

Hook : Owner Kappa, #4
Thread : Tan, 8/0
Mouthparts : Grizzly marabou
Antennaes : Two grizzly hackles, stripped, and the tips cut to a V-shape, coverhairs from tan fox, long white dubbing tied in ”as a tail”
Body : First a bit of orange dubbing, then tan(spun on a dubbingloop made of a very sparsely dubbed brown dubbing. Yes, maybe just a bit confusing:eek:)
Back : Thin skin, mottled, transparent
Rib : Monofilament
Palmerhackle : Grizzly

Eyes are made by colouring some monofilament with a black waterproof marker, then burn it into a ”ball”. Dip in epoxy, and let it dry.

I use several different types of dubbing for these sw-shrimp-patterns, so there`s no right or wrong dubbing to use.

Any questions regarding the tying/fishing, just ask(although if it`s concerning the ”Cascade-thing” the answer will be in the ”just guessing category”:eek::D)

Cheers,
Peter

Last edited by a moderator:

DAZ

Tied a couple of shrimps today. First, I tried to piece together a pattern for a friend of mine who`s going to Norway(salmon). First one turned out a ”very-close-to-not-even-being-a-variation-of-a-Cascade-shrimp”:eek:.
:D :D :D :D :D - Well,it's a dam good effort anyway! :D

I love that shrimp to :cool:

DAZ

PS - Do you know who that good looking fella is on the front cover of FFFT ? :p

PVJensen

Thanks guys!:)

The shrimp is a bit of an "advanced standard shrimp". Basically some antennaes/mouthparts(fox), dubbing, and a palmerhackle, will do fine, but I like my shrimps to look a bit like the real thing:eek::eek:

Daz,

Apparently the Danes are slowly taking over again. Bit by bit:D:p;)

Cheers,
Peter

Ribblerod

those shrimps look good enough to eat myself. Heres one i like the Ultra hair shrimp