River Lune

paskew

Dear Lunatics,
Where has the Lune thread gone?
Has anyone seen anything as yet?
A first foray on a just dropped-in river on Sat night (middle section above KL) produce neither sight, sound nor touch from a silver traveller?
It did get cold at 2300.....but I've have had the odd success in such conditions in previous years so long as they are there and you get down to them.
Paul.

nomadicseatrout

I know of three fish caught this week by my friend on water around caton. All at night. Biggest around 8lb. Smallest just under 4lb.

paskew

Those three lower down a week or so ago sound great.
I had one (my first this year) just above KL last night at about midnight in a bright moon (shaded pool) c.2lbs....1/2 inch silver stoat on a floater.
Water at summer low having been up a week since. No sign of any numbers.....the jambo only raised the odd small trout thru till 1300 when it got quite cold (sounds a bit like the Hodder reports).
Anything doing elsewhere, and I don't mean on the Taw or Towy!! (so jealous)?
:cool:

paskew

....continuing tough on mid Lune

....continuing tough on mid Lune

The last two nights' careful fishing and just one fish (3lbs 2oz) - and nothing showing in the shrunken river in extremely low water now with some algal crud - suggests a proper run has not yet arrived above KL. The temp dropped fast after nightfall at 1130. Otters :)were active as were the goosanders and broods :mad:
Anything doing below?
Paul.

T7

It was about 2 foot this morning apparantly, may have dropped off a bit?

redfox

Doghouse usually or at the pie shed at Brunton Par
Had a couple of hours on a tributary last night, bit of an easterly blowing directly downstream, but warm, had one definate offer to the wet fly, and a slash at a surface lure, otherwise very quiet, only heard 1 fish throw out.

Going by the number of cars parked up near the bridge and the torch shining activity there seemed to be quite a few rods out fishing upstream at Gressingham.

Redfox