EA telephone survey.

penhwyad 2

Had a phone call from a company running a survey on behalf of the EA this morning. I was asked to answer various statements with a score of 1-5 depending on how I perceived their importance. The last two questions were most relevant as they referred to illegal fishing and the level of bailiffing. Another question asked if I would buy a licence next year if the price increased to £80 ! At least the EA are contacting anglers directly for their views although I think it would be more effective to mailshot all licence holders on their data base so that everybody could have the chance to contribute.

stig

Had a similar call

Had a similar call

This evening. The price range talked about was up to £140 for a licence:eek:

bluecharm

This evening. The price range talked about was up to £140 for a licence:eek:
That doesn't sound consistent with penwhyad 2's quote.

Are you sure it was the EA behind this, or could it be the set-up for some elaborate scam ??

I'm sure I don't really need to say this but, "Be wary gents". I know some very switched-on people who have been caught out. Why not phone the EA and get them to confirm that they have commisssioned such research ??

BC.

outside

Sometimes on surveys different people are asked different questions. It all adds to the lies, damn lies, and statistics thing doesn't it

L

lochbois

Never rung me yet ,its usually somebody trying to sell me a mobile phone with my name on it .Free as long as i give them my bank details .They soon get sick when i tell them to send my free phone so that i can sell it in the pub.:D Oh no you dont understand Mr Boiston:D. Oh yes i do :)PB

stig

I didn't give anything away

I didn't give anything away

Didn't give the young girl any bank details and she seemed pretty genuine i.e the questions asked were relevant to the survey. I did say that if the licence was £140 that I wouldn't be getting one:D