Castletown Harbour I-O-M

S

silverinvicta

This is looking up the harbour from the road bridge...the bridge at the top end of the harbour is "Apostles" bridge because it has 12 arches..The pool above is the first sea pool on the river...which narrows to a few yrds within a 1/4 mile, Despite its small size it was well known as a Salmon river.. with a run of seatrout, My personal best is a 4lb fish (Seatrout) on spinner.. but i have seen a big double within 6 ft of me while fishing a tiny weir pool, no way was i stopping it going up :D:D
I do fish the harbour for mullet, they aint hard to catch so long as you know the best time of the tide...Easily spotted.. but I saw none today...They dont go very big, average about 1.5lb up to about 5lb.. rare that size though.

Si

redfox

Doghouse usually or at the pie shed at Brunton Par
the bridge at the top end of the harbour is "Apostles" bridge because it has 12 arches
I can remember it well, leaning over it early one morning and shouting out their leaders name (Blaspeming JC) during an 8 mile wake-up run, Had a skinfull of the local Castletown Brewery stuff the night before, tasted absolute necta the 1st time around, didn't taste to good the 2nd time, but mebbis them Mullet liked it, who knows :D:D:D

Castletown, Peel, Jurby, Ramsey, douglas, infact everywhere, Lovely places

redfox