Hello

phl

I'm Paul: a lifelong angler, mainly for trout. I actually caught my first seatrout in 1961, but haven't had the opportunity to fish for them very much until recently. A couple of years ago, however, I had a night on the Rheidol, and catching a 2lb sewin rekindled my enthusiasm! I'm now retired, and hoping to really get to grips with them....

outside

welcome, where abouts do you hail from? The best advice can give you on here is to avoid all threads mentioning the TEES or BARRAGE if you are in a frail state of mind!

L

lochbois

Melting Ice

Melting Ice

Outside, i thought you were told not to mention that:).
Its 2010 lets get rid of this snow.
The southerners have called the football of.
The ground is clear. The Terraces snow free. But the crowd are at risk from ice dropping of the Roof and under Health and safety had to cancel the game even though Bolton are sat in the Hotel getting pissed.
Come march we will be able to say all the bugs have been killed by the snow.
Hoppy said were Doomed.
When i was a lad:DPB
P.S And they gave Ryan Giggs Sportsman of the Year.
I bet you wont see him running up the pitch with his shirt over his head in this weather:D

L

lochbois

Welcome

Welcome

Hello phl. i am new to the internet and i have learnt a lot since my friend gave me this computor
What i have learned is that your rivers are certainly diffrent to where i fish.
You will have seen some changes in your years.
Im 53 and i have definatly seen changes.
The trout stillwaters have grown since rainbow trout were introduced.
I am doing more sea-trout fishing myself and they are the hardest fighting fish i have ever caught.
Hope you have a good year:)PB

Ribblerod

welcome, where abouts do you hail from? The best advice can give you on here is to avoid all threads mentioning the TEES or BARRAGE if you are in a frail state of mind!
He, He:D Good one!

Welcome aboard

L

lochbois

You wouldnt like one on the ribble:)
But as i have said to Paul Hopwood i wont mention the words again.
Most important is that the ministers and the E/A have started listenng.
We will see who was right when the endangered fish that all anglers who buy a licence contribute to are allowed access.
Thanks to all who signed the former A.C.A petition .
The Anglers Trust are continueing their members fight .
Case closed:)PB

phl

Thanks, "outside", and all.

I'm based on the Wirral, so most of my fishing has been on the Dee, Alyn and Ceiriog: not too many seatrout there (although I've had one or two when trout fishing). I'm a member of P.A.A.S., and have been trying to catch seatrout on the Mawddach and Wnion, without great success. For next year, I've joined a club on the Clwyd and Elwy, which is a bit closer, and hopefully more productive!

outside

It will be worth your while searching out the Clwyd and Elwy thread under river reports. There are a few from that area on here!