Feather Repair

GazBlank

Just taken delivery of a couple of grizzle capes and a half cape of JC :cool:

Run-of-the-mill JC so a fair few 'eyes' are split (as I expected).

Any advice on which 'glue' is best to use for repairs.

DAZ

Feather weld will do the jod.

I use Rimmel 60seconds vinyl shine nail polish,works a treat!

DAZ

Use the one stated,Gaz,not just any old varnish.

Put a little drop/blob on your forefinger and then run the feather between forefinger and thumb.Repeat the process a couple of times as the Rimmel is going off/setting,it's when it starts getting tackey that the splits are pulled together.Don't over do it,once you are happy,leave it.....You'll know what I mean when/if you use it,fairly simple stuff!!!!

DAZ

GazBlank

Rimmel.....bugger....I prefer Maybelline, the pearl finish brings out the glint in my eye apparently.

Cheers for the tip.

GazBlank

Its a strange moment when you first get caught looking at nail varnish isn't it!

Was it worse than the first time you wore a pair of tights to keep warm in the days before thermal undercrackers?
:eek: :eek: :eek:

outside

Have never worn tights, but I have been told they are toasty warm, and low bulk under your waders! Never say never hey!

stig

I'll join the fray....

I'll join the fray....

and yes they are.... I was first introduced to the wearing of tights when I was fishing the opening day on the Exe many moons ago. A god send when it's sub zero. I've never been able to find stilletos in a size 13 though:D:D

outside

There was film (kinky boots) made about the chap who made stillettos in large sizes I believe... A deer stalker I knew swore by tights for sitting in a high seat.

redfox

Doghouse usually or at the pie shed at Brunton Par
1st wore tights back in the 70's (for insulation purposes) certainly helped to keep the cold out when all you have is a hole in the ground to live in during military exersises in arctic conditions, still a fan of them now and wear them quite often, get some queer looks from the neighbours though ;) cant understand it.

Redfox

stig

I should imagine....

I should imagine....

that's where my old man got the idea from too. M.A.W training did have it's uses I'm sure;)

S

silverinvicta

1st wore tights back in the 70's (for insulation purposes) certainly helped to keep the cold out when all you have is a hole in the ground to live in during military exersises in arctic conditions, still a fan of them now and wear them quite often, get some queer looks from the neighbours though ;) cant understand it.

Redfox
Iwould think it was not JUST the tights Steve, the mini skirt and pink blouse did look rather good on you, or so i was told.....:rolleyes:
(any chance of some pics ??? ) :p

Bap.......:D:D:D:D

shocker

Very Big Cornish Sea Trout - one of a kind
Anyway steve....your military service,what regiment was it?Not the gay gordons by any chance?:confused::confused:

:D:D:D

sorry,I'll get me coat.........

redfox

Doghouse usually or at the pie shed at Brunton Par
Funny......I'd always thought steve was more a stockings and suspenders man.........:confused:

:D:D:D
What is it they say, "Many a true word said in jest" ;) Black stockings with scarlet lace work at the top OH YES, HEAVEN, would love to wear them more often, but the problem is with the clips on the sussy belt digging in to my thighs. Will have to seriously think about wearing them hold me up things with the elasticated tops :D:D

What happens if you drown wearing your wife's stockings?........

you'd never live it down!............:D
Well for a start you'd be dead anyway, so it wouldnt really matter, and the person that found you would probably die, either laughing, or with a massive heart attack after exhausting himself pulling his pud :D:D

Redfox

bobronte

I Knew you looked familiar

I Knew you looked familiar

Ah Ha ! I've just realised - it wasn't Freddie Mercury in that Queen Video
'' I Want to Break Free '' its was Redfox doing the Hoovering all along:eek::cool:

Maybe thats why the neighbours keep watching you they know you look familiar - especially with that vaccum in your hand, wig, mini skirt, heels, stockings and 'tache.:p:D

Bb

PS
Can I have an autograph, I esp. would like one of Queen video still signed ?