Lobs,dendrabinas,brandlings

airart

Do you think lobworms are too big for sea trout,although I have caught small peal on them,I wonder if I might have more success with Brandlings or Dendrabinas.

xl50

I always used dendrabinas for sea trout if I couldnt get blue heads. Blue heads are my preference as they could be toughened up really well. I also used them for Salmon but put 3 or 4 on:D

raptor

I do prefer to use 3 big lob's for salmon and 1 or sometimes 2 dendrabinas for the sewin but the majority of sewin that I get on the worm is with a single dendra on lite line in low water at dusk.:D

shocker

Very Big Cornish Sea Trout - one of a kind
I dont know the name of the ones I use...they come from my muckheap....red with yellow bands,seem to work OK on the few occassions that I fish them,normally a largish single or a bunch of small ones.

Thrasher

I dont know the name of the ones I use...they come from my muckheap....red with yellow bands,seem to work OK on the few occassions that I fish them,normally a largish single or a bunch of small ones.
Shocker, probably brandlings ,which is what most Nith wormers will have used before the invention of pet, dendro's.

Thrasher

Do you think lobworms are too big for sea trout,although I have caught small peal on them,I wonder if I might have more success with Brandlings or Dendrabinas.
As Shocker for light line worming for sea trout for many years I used brandlings, then when someone invented pet dendro's went onto them.

Now use then for ssalmon and sea trout as grilse seem to like two or three of them on a hook too.

For back end salmon the big worms lobs and black/blue heads probably best.

Hoppy

Administrator
Staff member
dendras all the way, salmon and sea trout!

SALAR

Dendras for seatrout and lobs for salmon for me:D

stump...