Silver Slugs

SALAR

Silver slugs..

I came across the above bait a few weeks ago in my local tackle shop(can never have enough spinners),they seem to be a cast off of the popular 'Rolla' flyin c,,the 'silver slugs' i got were in 16 and 22 gram(black and red tails),nice weights for different water levels,,,they have a large blade which is nicely weighted and spins in low and high waters,,the treble seemed ok and they do look a very nice bait in the water:cool:there was a draw back for me and that was that the clevis was on plastic beads which tend to wear quickly and stops the clevis and blade rotating(clevis's are very temperamental things:eek:)but as the main body and tail looked good i didnt mind retying it and changing the plastic beads for some metal one,plus these baits are a couple of quid cheaper than the Rolla's so 30 seconds retying them seemed the way to go(changed the treble aswell:rolleyes:confidence thing),,it was when i cut the wire that the main problem with the bait came to light in my opion:eek:i cut the top eye and pulled the wire and treble out from the back end only to find that the loop eye on the back end only had a return of about 9mm,to be honest i wouldn't have any confidence in a eyelet return made this small as to me there is a chance of it pulling out especially on bigger lively fish,,

small eyelet return...

stump..

Last edited: