Switch rods are great

Ribblerod

Been using the 11ft 8# from Sage long enough now to form a real opinion. They are great, take some getting used to, there is still going to be more and better switch specific lines over the comming years i feel but for medium to smaller rivers they seem the do dah wotsits on many pools night or day;)

speers

ive been using switch rods now for a couple of years also but realy struggled to get lines specific for switch casting, what lines do you use Ribblerod,
im fishing 11 foot 8 ratings also and have just bought the Zpey ultimo as rio arent doing the iline yet, but i no they will next year.

J

jasonrnewton

Wondered if anyone has tried the new guideline 11ft lpxe switch?..Its on my wanted list within the next few weeks..:cool:

speers

I use a rio outbound line, does it for me.

Halcyon
i also use one , it's a super line and flies without any effort for over head casting, but when ive tried this zpey fusion it's in another world for spey casting, ( first night last night) but there again not as good as the out bound for over head it would seem you cant have the best of both in a line but it's still early days yet so im going to give it more casting tonight, im still waiting for the I line thoe as i no it will come out in the 17 gram range.

Ribblerod

ive been using switch rods now for a couple of years also but realy struggled to get lines specific for switch casting, what lines do you use Ribblerod,
im fishing 11 foot 8 ratings also and have just bought the Zpey ultimo as rio arent doing the iline yet, but i no they will next year.
10.8 mtr 31grm shooting head with a clean splice to running line. Realy it is a spey head but seems to go out just fine overhead if you take things nice and slow. mostly i spey cast though. For normal overhead work a heavy side nine WF seems best

RichardGW

Switch rod lines for speycasting

Switch rod lines for speycasting

You may want to try Airflo 40+ Extreme lines. I have the WF9F and WF9 fast intermediate and find that with their 35ft heads they are superb speycasters shooting many yards of line when required whether on my Bruce & Walker 10' 6" salmon & sea trout rated 7 - 9 (used double handed with a 4" screw in extension handle) or my Hardy 12' 6" Favourite rated 9. However, I feel that a slightly longer head on the Hardy would be better.

I also find that these lines turnover a fast sink 10ft salmon polyleader very easily.

Richard