Cleddau

jamjar

Well, i've just seen in the second consecutive edition of the western telegraph that there have been two more sightings of a 'big black cat' in the area, one of them near treffgarne. now, i've been looking forward to those summer nights stalking the pools below the gorge, but now i'm not quite so sure who'll be doing the stalking...

blackmedicine

Well, i've just seen in the second consecutive edition of the western telegraph that there have been two more sightings of a 'big black cat' in the area, one of them near treffgarne. now, i've been looking forward to those summer nights stalking the pools below the gorge, but now i'm not quite so sure who'll be doing the stalking...
don't worry the amount and size of scent marks you leave on the riverbank will make the 'big cat' think twice about coming into your teritory!!!!!

jamjar

some bloke just rang up to flog me a pair of catnip infused breathable waders - no thanks. blackmedicine, i'll have to keep a few foxes to leave on the riverbank at strategic points, they should ward off any prowling pussycats.

Hoppy

Administrator
Staff member
I saw a Puma stood in the middle of the A470 in Dinas Mawddwy in North Wales 6 yrs ago. My son had Croup at the time and we were on holiday in Wales, i had to drive home to collect an inhaler, as i returned at 2am i saw the animal stood in the middle of the road. I got to within two car lengths before it walked up a track and jumped onto the top of a 5ft tall wall. Later that week i was told of some sheep kills about 8 miles away!

Also at Wainsford on the Fowey, Paul told me he had seen a Panther at his lake, but when the panther saw him it ran up the Warlaggen. In fact Shocker's Postman had seen a lot of the big cats, but said that you didnt have to worry about them, it was the Wild Boar that were the problem!

I did shit myself though when my torch hit some eyes at 3am - thankfully it was only a deer - but i havent walked as fast in a long time!

Hoppy

jamjar

christ, they're flippin everywhere...there'll be swathes of wildebeest sweeping across Salisbury plain next, trying to ford the Hampshire Avon, trampling unwary anglers underfoot. i can see the headline already 'We Gnu it would happen...'

sewinbasher

A mate and I were deerstalking in mid Devon just a few years ago and he swore that he had a cougar (puma) walk through the bracken about 100m in front of his high seat. We mentioned it to the farmer and he said "oh yeah, we see a few times every year" as if it was nothing speacial.

woodpecker

I would not worry too much jamjar These stories are circulated when there,s no real news. it sells papers, news papers and toilet paper make sure you take some with you !!!

jamjar

i'm over it! takes more than an overgrown moggy to keep me from the riverbank. there's only one animal that guaranteed to keep me glued to the sofa, and she's far more scary than anything you'd find in the countryside. (only joking if you read this, dear)

highplains

Fellow anglers, I appeal to you to visit the Campaign web site to read and keep up with the latest reports of what appears to be heightened poaching and illegal fisheries activity. We desperately need your help to gather evidence of the level of illegal activity taking place. I know many of you think calling the 0800 80 70 60 "hot line" is a waste of time, but calls to this number are the basis of the Agencies reports to the Government: so no calls and they say no poaching. We ask that once having reported incidents, you then visit the Campaign site www.cpwf.co.uk and use the REPORT AN INCIDENT tab to confirm the details of your call to the hot line. That way we have a record as well as the Agency. Confidentiality is also maintained. If you wish, you can email admin@cpwf.co.uk with details and we will pass them on: again in total confidence. PLEASE HELP US TO HELP