Graysofkilsyth needle tubes

holloway

Just wondered if anyone has used these and had any success or problems?

russ1610

I bought two sets last year, the Seatrout set and the black with whatever set. very well made a little sparse but i like them like that and I have caught 9 of the 11 salmon last year on them. the last 5 on the same 1" black orange and yellow willy gun type one, including a Kelt seatrout or Big brown 2 days ago. Going to buy some more, but they have gone up.
http://www.graysofkilsyth.com/seatrout-tube-flies.htm

Last edited:

Dropper

I use needle tubes and would recomend them, I mostly use the longer ones 25mm - 40mm. I tend to tie smaller patterns on hooks rather than tubes. A packet of 10 for a fiver, it's worth giving them a try.

D

holloway

They do seem good value ,i have tied a couple ready for the season just to see how they go.

SJF Simon

I like them a lot, I tied this:-

and caught this:-

11 lb

What's not to like as they say...

Dropper

That would stretch the memory out of a new line :D I like them too, so much that I now have a box full at the ready.

Bring it on:)
D

Nightfisherman

Likewise - I used them last year tying a slim black squirrel with purple flash in a simple sparse all round style - took fish for me ( to 3.5lb) and for friends. Mainly used the longer ones but did have fish on the shortest as well. Have tied up more over the winter and passed them on to others including red and black (butcher) plus peacock sword (alex style) versions.

Nf

holloway

Thanks for the replies ,that is a cracking fish ,nice to know they work ,i suppose its best to tie them slim and sparse or else no point getting them in the first place.

silverflash

Just bought some of the larger lengths to give them a try (will tye up some as opposed to buying the tied set)...... have always used the Vineyard slipstream tubes up to now, so I will be interested to see how they compare...... Pity they don't go a little longer though.