Welsh Dee 9th June

graylinghunter!

Very bright and sunny most of the day air temp 20 deg.
A few clouds later in the day but mostly bright sunshine.
I started off well up river. The water release caused the river to turn like chocolate. I was exploring a none Corwen beat 3 miles below Bala at bryn selwrn. I had picked up a couple of fish but the water release put everything down. So i decided to move back down river to Corwen and parked on the famous bridge which is pending The civil engineering re vamp. I hadnt fished this beat for many years since before the tree had been ripped out in the floods some years ago. I also needed a picture for the Cadac site. I was also feeling a little lazy as i had already done a couple of miles walking carrying too much gear this morning.
The water had fined off here to a peaty colour

To cut a long story short I had many brown trout and as reported yesterday no unmentionables to my surprise. The browns were on the fin and were very obliging. A few of them had pectoral fin damage/ deformation so they has been stocked a some point.
I had quite a few little mishaps yesterday. Lost the top section of my rod I thought it had gone for sure but to my wonderment it was still on the end of the fly line and a very obliging trout had taken my dry as well so much for stealth:D:D
1O minutes later the spool fell of my reel and sods law it was in more than arms depth of water! But after a quick shoulder dunk reaching down I managed to retrieve it.:D
Note a major civil engineering project is about to start on this beat. I am sure once more details of access and parking become clear someone will post it on here.
Tight lines
graylinghunter

scrumbag

GH,

Sounds like an excellent day on what is surely one of the most beautiful rivers in the UK if not the world (Okay so I'm biased about the Welsh Dee) and glad you had the good fortune to recover from your mishaps with no severe consequences.

Tightlines for next time,

Scrummy

graylinghunter!

I agree the Welsh Dee is a fantastic river with some of the most majestic countryside and wild life i have ever come across.
The grayling fishing is excellent with a good mix of species and size.
I am lucky enough to live 90 minutes away so its a massive bonus for me.

Most of The Cadac and Paas waters I have access too produce good fishing.
With a little luck the net buy off will sea salmon and sea trout runs increase!
tight lines
graylinghunter