Rain....2

Oscar

Is anybody seeing the effects/evidence yet?

The met office seems to think it has arrived!

Yours hopefully...

oscar

Hoppy

Administrator
Staff member
Oscar,

It rained last night in Shropshire and we had quite a heavy downpour this morning. I should imagine we need a lot more for it to have any effect.

The sky looks grey at present looking out towards Wales but i doubt we will have the amount of rain we need!

Hoppy:)

ACW

My favorite web cam on the upper wye is not showing any movement ,thats despite the BBC website showing rain up that way from early this morning !
Think the land will be soaking it up before we get any rise and by then this swathe of clouds will be gone !
Not looking good ,personally happy that this weekend sees me on a chalk stream after trout !

wnion

Heavy drizzle is what we have had here in Dolgellau, I don't think that it will make that much difference to the river levels.

wnion

Heavy drizzle is what we have had here in Dolgellau, I don't think that it will make that much difference to the river levels.
I thought that it was going to ease up this afternoon it didn't:eek:
We have had much heavier rain this evening combined with gusting wind; the rivers are rising , and if it continues like this they should be at a good height by morning.:D

Hoppy

Administrator
Staff member
Bravo - at last - sea trout here i come!

Hoppy:D

Lee Cummings

Funny up here....

What normally happens year after year is we all get very exited at the first sign of a flood following a dry spell, however fish dont usually appear in the huge numbers we expect and its the second flood that is usually the most productive....

Little piddle bits of rain here at the moment, sounds much worse on the plastic conservatory roof than it actually is outside......:D

Cheers

Lee

stargazer

It is hammering down down here right now,and has been for hours.If it carries on through the night it should freshen things up :)a bit

SG

shocker

Very Big Cornish Sea Trout - one of a kind
rain all night,cleared up lovely this morn.....wish my hand would heal up,and that the concussion (another story,another scar) would go away......:(

theres fish in the fowey of good size and more coming up:)

Beanzy

rain all night,cleared up lovely this morn.....wish my hand would heal up,and that the concussion (another story,another scar) would go away......:(

theres fish in the fowey of good size and more coming up:)
Go on tell us! ;) You bin scrappin' down the town bay?

We're sticking out another few thousand this morning from Wainsford. That'll be 2011 sorted. Hopefully we'll get some real progress on the catchment before then and the hatchery will be a fond memory.... we can hope.
:rolleyes:

Oscar

Seems like the rain has been around but not necessarily having much of an effect.

As people have said though, it may freshen things up slightly for the ST.

More forecast for tomorrow by the looks too....

Oscar :)

crewefisher

Annan is up 9" and rising I'm off up there in a couple of hours!! Been waiting 7 weeks for this rain!!
Hopefully get 2 nights in if it doesn't come up too much or get too dirty!!

Tight Lines to you all

Shane

Lee Cummings

Recieved calls regarding the Irt this morning.

That lake at Wasdale takes a bit more topping up than what we got yesterday and the current few inches of water in the Irt is just the crappy peaty stuff which comes in half way down from the Bleng.

The next good rain storms which top up the lake should really do the trick for us, this usually sees the Irt run initially very dirty "bleng water again" only to then become diluted from above with that beautiful alpine looking water from Wastwater.

Unfortunately this one was only a short flush, but it didnt stop my over keen mates getting out..!:D

Cheers

Lee

bucko

We had a couple of inches in the North East last night which bodes well for a Friday night/Saturday morning session.

I also hear that the netters on the coast have some absolute clunkers turning up in their nets in very good numbers.

Looking good for the next few weeks methinks.

redfox

Doghouse usually or at the pie shed at Brunton Par
What normally happens year after year is we all get very exited at the first sign of a flood following a dry spell, however fish dont usually appear in the huge numbers we expect and its the second flood that is usually the most productive....
Down the river earlier, only saw a few fish (small ST, and the odd Grilse) trying to get over the falls, considering it was absolutly perfect running conditions. I wasnt holding my breath anyway after the last few seasons weve had over here, here's hoping your observations ring true Lee and they come on the next lift.

redfox