Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crockski!

...now there’s a name to conjure with!

watermole+ still tottering on here..just. Not so good getting around now but still managing to wet a (silk) fly line when I can.
    Oddly enough, I started sorting out the fly boxes and cast wallet yesterday and thought of you..

Old “silverinvicta” (Bap...but only to my friends) sadly passed away last year at his home on the I.o.M. I still have Hoppy’s phone number and miraculously managed to speak to him..the first time in years.

I fished a few times for sea trout last season, but caught only one, plus a few small brownies., but am going to try again this year, whilst I can still go..
    Have given up rod making, but still make a few reels..

So nice to hear from you...and would very much like to get in touch with you all again...the old ties are still there..

watermole+

Comment

Hello Watermole my old friend, I have received your Email and will reply once I get a spare few minutes, work is hectic at the moment, it's good to hear your still pottering about ��

Comment

Originally posted by watermole+ View Post
        Crockski!

...now there’s a name to conjure with!

watermole+ still tottering on here..just. Not so good getting around now but still managing to wet a (silk) fly line when I can.
        Oddly enough, I started sorting out the fly boxes and cast wallet yesterday and thought of you..

Old “silverinvicta” (Bap...but only to my friends) sadly passed away last year at his home on the I.o.M. I still have Hoppy’s phone number and miraculously managed to speak to him..the first time in years.

I fished a few times for sea trout last season, but caught only one, plus a few small brownies., but am going to try again this year, whilst I can still go..
        Have given up rod making, but still make a few reels..

So nice to hear from you...and would very much like to get in touch with you all again...the old ties are still there..

watermole+
        Fixed my reels with new bearings still got them .

Sewinfly.............
        www.sewinfly.co.uk

Comment

Memories...

A few photos from 2006/2007 (I think) from our annual get-togethers at the British Fly-Fair International, Trentham Gardens before it moved to the County Showground, Stafford.

Left to Right:- Teifi-Terrorist, DAZ, ?, ?, Tuniwes(?), Silverinvicta, Norsy(?), Foxy-Tails (partly hidden), Starlmagwonder (Redfox), ?, ?, ?.

British Fly-Fair 2006.jpg

Left to Right:- Norsy, Hoppy, Starlmagwonder.

A happy day to remember!.jpg

Left to Right:- Shocker, Teifi-Terrorist, Tigermoth, Foxy-Tails, ?.

IMG_3281.jpg

Marc Petitjean

Marc Petitjean.jpg

Best wishes to all..

wm+

Comment

Fantastic to hear from you Watermole! I hope you are keeping well.

This thread is like getting the old band back together...

Comment

Many thanks for sharing the Pictures Watermole, brings back some great memories, couldn't beat a good day out at the Fly Fair, meeting up with the lads for a lot of good craick, I miss it immensely, spent a fortune over the years like most anglers and flytyers do on stuff that you have already and have never used LOL.
              Great times indeed, ones I will never forget,
              like the trip to Denmark, the holidays down at Wainsford, they all have a big place in my memory.
              Once again WM+ (David) Thank You
              Very best regards SMW, RF, Cumbrian Blue

Comment

Joined the Proboards back in 2006 & came on here at the start of 2014, seatrout reports seemed dwindle on the Proboard site where it became obvious there were more political & personal issues at hand, a bad apple & all that springs to mind. Too many on soapboxes & not doing enough fishing it would seem.
                "Gleisiad"

Comment

Originally posted by weatherman View Post
                  Joined the Proboards back in 2006 & came on here at the start of 2014, seatrout reports seemed dwindle on the Proboard site where it became obvious there were more political & personal issues at hand, a bad apple & all that springs to mind. Too many on soapboxes & not doing enough fishing it would seem.
                  Wise words and I think that’s true of a few forums. And I include myself in the criticism! New year’s resolution to do more fishing and less moaning. I’m booked on the Dovey this summer so fingers crossed!

Comment

It's a shane that there is so much content from a certain Thomas Turner Antiques. The irony is that that company (and others) use the forum for ads, acheiving only the degredation of the platform they rely on. To put it mildly, I think that's a shame. It would be good if classified sales were confined to their own forum and the rest of us chatting sea trout related (or wider) stuff wouldn't have to scroll through 30 ads for aging mitchell multipliers before we go to something intereating. Thats my view...

Comment

I think we probably have to accept that advertisements are the price we pay for having the forum.
                      The thing I find irritating is not the advertising posts, which I don't have to read if I don't want to, but the banner ads across the top of the screen. t
                      The annoying thing about these is that as they appear, they shift the rest of the screen down, so the post I'm trying to click on moves down and I have to chase after it!

Paul

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X