Testwood Fishery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testwood Fishery

I had just one last night but a nice one. 4 other fish up to 5lbs we’re caught between my two friends on what was a relatively tough night for this fishery. It was a high tide and a moon bright enough that you could tie on a fly without your torch - not great!

my one fish:

638681FF-21FB-4568-AA38-E6CF86CC651B by Alwyn Lindsey, on Flickr

That's a cracking fresh fish, well done. Do you have to fish bigger flies on that tidal beat?

Comment

Originally posted by elwyman View Post
      That's a cracking fresh fish, well done. Do you have to fish bigger flies on that tidal beat?
      Not really. Small tubes and small snakes do well. The fishery favourite is called the Testwood Snake and it's more like a sparsely tied tandem. I tend to fish snake flies but tied short at 1.5 or 1.75 inches. There's quite a lot of light pollution from the city and from the docks so it never gets really dark there.

Comment

Sounds like the Galway weir fishery in the middle of Galway, a fantastic salmon fishery. I joke that I once caught a salmon there while my wife was shopping in M&S 200 yards away!

Comment

Very nice fish Alwyn.
          Good fight

Spencer .......
          www.sewinfly.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Alwyn View Post
            I had just one last night but a nice one. 4 other fish up to 5lbs we’re caught between my two friends on what was a relatively tough night for this fishery. It was a high tide and a moon bright enough that you could tie on a fly without your torch - not great!

my one fish:

638681FF-21FB-4568-AA38-E6CF86CC651B by Alwyn Lindsey, on Flickr
            Thanks for sharing your catch Alwyn.
            When does the Sea Trout season end and can you still catch fresh fish, like last nights, up to the end of the season.?

Comment

At Testwood they finish at the end of September and most fish will be starting to get a bit coloured by then, but the odd silver fish will still be caught. The nearby Woodmill Pool goes up until end of October and this can be a prolific month, though most fish are coloured by then.

Comment

Originally posted by Alwyn View Post
                At Testwood they finish at the end of September and most fish will be starting to get a bit coloured by then, but the odd silver fish will still be caught. The nearby Woodmill Pool goes up until end of October and this can be a prolific month, though most fish are coloured by then.
                Cheers Alwyn and well done with your fantastic Sea Trout.

Comment

Many thanks

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X