Dysinni

Hoppy

Administrator
Staff member
Some nice fish seen at Peniarth, like always sitting mid water and more than likely uncatchable - bar a float tube!

Also some fish seen in the Sea off the estuary - no bass though.....doggies!

Hoppy

JJO

Hi Hoppy,

My mate has just bought a house half a mile from Tal y Llyn and we are off up there in July. I was thinking of giving the Dysinni another go. Last time I fished it (probably 10 years ago) we had a ticket from the Hotel and fished a beat just up from the main road bridge at the bottom of the river. All I remember is lots of reeds and slow water. Is it worth persisting with this beat or are there any better ones available on a day ticket?

Best

Jon

JJO

Having had an extended weekend staying in the area, I have done some of my own poking about for fishing opportunities. If any one else is interested in fishing the Dysynni some of the options are below:

There is a free stretch (you must have an EA migratory license) above the Broadwater lagoon (itself an excellent mullet venue) this extends up to the private fishing sign. Barry's Tackle in Tywyn has details of how to get there.

Further upstream at Abergynolwyn, Estimaner Angling Association have a stretch, including some lovely looking deep fish holding pools, from Abergynolwyn up as far as the next road bridge. Locals say there is a good run of sewin through here if you catch it right. Day tickets are available cheaply and the season ticket is a bargain

A large section of the upper river is now available on a ticket through the Tynycornel Hotel for £10 per day. And of course there is always a chance of a sewin on the Tal y Llyn.

Cheers

Jon

Last edited:

Hoppy

Administrator
Staff member
Id be interested to see what beat the hotel have? I dont know if the Eistamaner Club is no longer in existence, and that there water was purchased by North Wales Fly Fishing school - who lost it, then a private owner took it over.

Would love to know if the Rhiwlas pool was back and available for DT.

Hoppy

JJO

Hi Hoppy,

It was a member of EAA who told me about the club and the day tickets, he even pointed me in the direction of the chairman's house. A quick google search throws up appropriate contact number (although I haven't called it yet). A word with Phil at the hotel will fill you in on their fishing. He told me thy had 3.5miles extending right up to the hotel.

Cheers Jon

wnion

Doesn't PAA have an arrangement with Tal y Llyn this year(2 tickets per day bank fishing)? I wonder if fishing on the river is included as well?

JJO

Spent a few days last week staying at Abergynolwyn last week and had some good fun with small brownies on the Dysynni and Nant Gwernol. Despite some nice deep holding pools I couldn't see any evidence of sea trout during the day, but gave it a go on Friday night any way before by being beaten by the midges. At £5 dt or £25 st I'd recommend the EAA stretch for the brownies alone (tickets from the Railway Inn).

Here are a few pics. Apologies for the lack of silver.