Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conwy 2016

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Had a load of sea trout over the last week mostly small fish but had a good night last night landing a nice 4lber and another lump weighing 9lb. Some good fish showing in the holding pools.20160806_001116.jpg

    Comment


    • #32
      Crappy weather last night, pissing it down and strong gusting wind. Had just one fish but it was nice one, 5lber caught fishing a tube deep down.
      DSCF4215.jpg

      Comment


      • #33
        Any one let me know if the river will be ok for fishing later got a night booked and can see its rising

        Comment


        • #34
          It's dropping back down but it's at the limit for sea trout. I'll be heading out tonight as the rise might encourage some fish to move between pools that have been sitting tight for a while. Plenty of fish about, the last two nights I've had out (wed and thurs) I've had 5 fish per night. Nothing big though, best 3lb.

          Comment


          • #35
            Well had a nice night on the Conwy. Such a different river to the clwyd. The lift in water left the river looking like strong tea which was a shame. Only one small fish to show for our efforts. Saw a good few fish to the 3lb mark but no takers.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Sewinstar View Post
              Well had a nice night on the Conwy. Such a different river to the clwyd. The lift in water left the river looking like strong tea which was a shame. Only one small fish to show for our efforts. Saw a good few fish to the 3lb mark but no takers.
              Yes it was still really coloured Sewinstar, visibility was pretty poor again which was a shame as conditions were perfect otherwise. I fished until around 00:30 with only one offer to show for my efforts. So I decided to drive to the Clwyd and managed a nice fish over 2lb and another one hooked and lost.

              Comment


              • #37
                you made a good move then we fished till just after 1 the river went deadly quite so we called it a day frustrating season

                Comment


                • #38
                  There's been quite a few reported from the Betws area over the past week or so, mostly small though, nothing above 3lbs.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Long long time since I've seen so many fish in the middle river. Extremely high numbers of maiden fish with plenty of larger thrown in.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by stuartpengs View Post
                      Long long time since I've seen so many fish in the middle river. Extremely high numbers of maiden fish with plenty of larger thrown in.
                      This seems spot on, we had 14 fish reported from the Conwy yesterday, four between 4lbs and 5lbs 8oz and ten at 1lb or less. (All returned)

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by sewinbasher View Post
                        This seems spot on, we had 14 fish reported from the Conwy yesterday, four between 4lbs and 5lbs 8oz and ten at 1lb or less. (All returned)
                        This is all very good news. At a time when there is so much gloom about fish stocks, it's good to hear that some rivers seem to be doing well. On the whole, it seems that the North Wales rivers (from the Dovey round to the Dee) seem to have been doing better than the southern ones over the past few years.

                        Paul

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by phl View Post
                          This is all very good news. At a time when there is so much gloom about fish stocks, it's good to hear that some rivers seem to be doing well. On the whole, it seems that the North Wales rivers (from the Dovey round to the Dee) seem to have been doing better than the southern ones over the past few years.

                          Paul
                          Yep, this rain has bought similar numbers into the Clwyd system, one rod had 9 today, the only thing is we're only getting salmon reported on the Dee where we are already ahead of last years total with what should be the best months to come, but very few from the Conwy and Clwyd systems.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by sewinbasher View Post
                            Yep, this rain has bought similar numbers into the Clwyd system, one rod had 9 today, the only thing is we're only getting salmon reported on the Dee where we are already ahead of last years total with what should be the best months to come, but very few from the Conwy and Clwyd systems.
                            They've started to show now. I know of 9 caught on Sunday and another 2 this morning, I'd be surprised if there weren't more. Saw one show on the Clwyd on Saturday night, about 6 feet away from me. Think it took a dislike to my fly and felt the need to show its annoyance at me!

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Big influx of fish on the recent floods with one rod having 6 MSW salmon and 4 sea trout in one day.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X