Conwy 2016

Sewinstar

I was out on the clwyd Friday at llanerch saw two sewin that was it. Hoping the Conwy will produce something for my efforts fingers crossed

stuartpengs

River still carrying some peat but clearing nicely. Managed to land 3 last night, best 6lb - all returned.

Sewinstar

Lovely fish good to see something being caught looking forward to wetting a line on the Conwy now

blackmedicine

River still carrying some peat but clearing nicely. Managed to land 3 last night, best 6lb - all returned.

Well done mate and nice to see these bigger fish going back.....back from camping trip a few days early, missus and kids bailed because of rain!! See you down there tonight...passed the lledr and Conwy on way back they looked OK , nice and clear but rivers to the south (mawddach , dyfi, )looked like they were starting to rise so it could be a short session as it was raining at top of our catchment.

blackmedicine

Good night last night, over cast and river only came up a few cm, and most importantly stayed clear enough. Started in my favourite pool but was slow, couple of missed takes and landed a fish of about 1lb. Moved down to fish a pool tail that has not fished well for the last couple of seasons as the trees were cut down losing that all important cover, thankfully the small trees and bushes have grown back now and the fish are there in good numbers again, fishing the surface lure I landed 5 fish up to 3lb and lost a few and had a load of slurps. Went back up to the middle of the pool and lost a really good fish big head shakes and then a fast strong run and hook pulled, went down stream the to see Stu and had a small 1lber. Stuart had an interesting night which I sure he will tell you all about if he ever wakes up!! Going to try another pool tonight that has really seen the benefit of the clubs decision to stop cutting trees back every year, there is now good cover on a pool tail that always looked good but never held fish.

stuartpengs

Stuart had an interesting night which I sure he will tell you all about if he ever wakes up!!
Don't want to talk about it :D

Yes, so one of those nights I'm sure we've all had - hooked and lost a big ol' snaggle tooth. Fish took the fly under some bushes on the far side, shook its had (which took a long time!), then refused to move. After a minute or so of sustained pressure it decided to slowly move down the pool, taking line of slowly, but unstoppable. A minute or so of that and it then slowly works its way across the river, just giving the odd head-shake, then it was off. Never saw the fish once. Just to rub salt into the wound I finished the run down the pool and lost another 3 fish! One of those nights. Managed a couple of small ones earlier but last night will go down as one of the nights a biggie was hooked and lost.

Ready for another night tonight. Just been knocking a few flies up - stacked up on RedBull and Jungle Formula (it's going to be a warm one!). So ready to rock.

clwydspecial

Day of first's, first Seatrout on the Conwy, first fish on a double handed salmon rod, first fish off our beat on the river, first Seatrout landed this season, not big thou just 3/4 lb. but its a start. the river looked in lovely condition with just a tinge to the water but never having fished the Conwy before I've haven't got a comparison
IMG_5478.jpg.

blackmedicine

Had a load of sea trout over the last week mostly small fish but had a good night last night landing a nice 4lber and another lump weighing 9lb. Some good fish showing in the holding pools.20160806_001116.jpg

blackmedicine

Crappy weather last night, pissing it down and strong gusting wind. Had just one fish but it was nice one, 5lber caught fishing a tube deep down.
DSCF4215.jpg

Sewinstar

Any one let me know if the river will be ok for fishing later got a night booked and can see its rising

stuartpengs

It's dropping back down but it's at the limit for sea trout. I'll be heading out tonight as the rise might encourage some fish to move between pools that have been sitting tight for a while. Plenty of fish about, the last two nights I've had out (wed and thurs) I've had 5 fish per night. Nothing big though, best 3lb.

Sewinstar

Well had a nice night on the Conwy. Such a different river to the clwyd. The lift in water left the river looking like strong tea which was a shame. Only one small fish to show for our efforts. Saw a good few fish to the 3lb mark but no takers.

stuartpengs

Well had a nice night on the Conwy. Such a different river to the clwyd. The lift in water left the river looking like strong tea which was a shame. Only one small fish to show for our efforts. Saw a good few fish to the 3lb mark but no takers.
Yes it was still really coloured Sewinstar, visibility was pretty poor again which was a shame as conditions were perfect otherwise. I fished until around 00:30 with only one offer to show for my efforts. So I decided to drive to the Clwyd and managed a nice fish over 2lb and another one hooked and lost.

Sewinstar

you made a good move then we fished till just after 1 the river went deadly quite so we called it a day frustrating season

stuartpengs

Long long time since I've seen so many fish in the middle river. Extremely high numbers of maiden fish with plenty of larger thrown in.

sewinbasher

Long long time since I've seen so many fish in the middle river. Extremely high numbers of maiden fish with plenty of larger thrown in.
This seems spot on, we had 14 fish reported from the Conwy yesterday, four between 4lbs and 5lbs 8oz and ten at 1lb or less. (All returned)