No announcement yet.

River Dyfi 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Paul I was using the term that seems to be used on the Dyfi for a small sea trout , I suppose a maiden or grilse sea trout.
    Funny thing is from an eating point of view, it seems at this time of year a fair few anglers are hoping for a nice fat sewin , although it's now too late for that on the Dyfi.
    It was nice to catch one or two fish as I had resigned myself to not getting any this year after the summer we've had and also reports that there weren't many around , although I did hear of quite a few nice sea trout caught whilst I was there.

Comment

Sorry about the delay posting an update but just been busy.
      I went a couple of times to the Dyfi since my last post once for a couple of days and secondly for the last full week of the season. Managed a couple of salmon and a few sea trout , the surprising thing was the lack of anglers , on the last full week although conditions were not great Monday to Thursday , ( but not terrible ) , and the big flood Friday & Saturday ( virtually unfishable Fri & Sat ) I didn't see another angler on the river all week.
      I wonder if the lack of activity on the forum reflects the lack of activity on the banks.

Comment

Hi robert was great water on the Monday I was out all day, also felt very quiet in the day until mid afternoon then they were everywhere especially around mathafarn area think the morning sun put some off going but managed 2 salmon and a seatrout for my efforts, roll on 2019

Comment

Originally posted by johnevs View Post
          Hi robert was great water on the Monday I was out all day, also felt very quiet in the day until mid afternoon then they were everywhere especially around mathafarn area think the morning sun put some off going but managed 2 salmon and a seatrout for my efforts, roll on 2019
          Well done John
          One way to end the season on an high

Comment

Well done John , I'm assuming that was the last Monday of the season after the big flood on the Saturday. Nice way to end the season , I'm hoping for some night fishing in 2019.

Comment

I’ve enjoyed reading the reports guys. I’ve been surprised to see that AndyR has not posted on here or the Salmon Forum for ages. Do any of you hear from him at all? I trust everything is ok with him?

Best wishes
              Phil

Comment

Yes, he does seem to of stopped posting.

Always a good read about the Dyfi.

Sewinfly. .............
                www.sewinfly.co.uk

Comment

I used to like reading Andy R posts but haven't heard from him for a while, he's probably busy.

Comment

Yes he's still about, but he's had a poor season so maybe that's why he's not been posting

Comment

Originally posted by johnevs View Post
                      Yes he's still about, but he's had a poor season so maybe that's why he's not been posting
                      If you're in touch with him, tell him we miss him! He's always worth reading.

Paul

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X