Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake District advice - Sea Trout day ticket

Hi All,

We're driving up to Scotland to see family at the end of August and I had hoped to fish the Deveron for sea trout. Unfortunately it is an early run river and I will be too late.

We're breaking up the journey with a stop over in the lake district so I will try and slip away one evening there to get my fix. I am aware that the Kent has a good run but can't find much information.

Can anyone suggest a good stretch of day ticket water for night time sea trout fishing, either on the Kent or another river in the area. It would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks in advance!

Tom
    www.southerndeerservices.co.uk

The Lune looks relatively easily reachable and appears to be very productive. any recommendations for either quality private or association day ticket water would be gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Tom

Comment

You can get a day ticket for the Lancaster and District anglers water at Caton but only for a week day and only certain parts of the beat. Itís a nice part of the lower river and can hold plenty of fish. Tickets from Bank house fishery over the road.

Further upstream there is a beat above Kirkby Lonsdale that does tickets called the Underley estate. Never fished it myself so canít comment but is in a good part of the middle/upper river.

Down the bottom end there are beats at Heaton and Skerton. Plenty of info on the web.

Not loads of beats to go at but itís a lovely river with some good sea trout (although I canít catch a cold at the moment!)

Cheers

Comment

PS Kirkby Lonsdale is a nice little town if you are fishing in that area.

Comment

Many thanks T7

I had looked into LDAA but the day tickets only allow you to fish until 22:00... which is obviously just when I would be planning to kick off!

I'll contact Underley, that might allow me to make a day trip first to suss out the water with the kids and grab a nice lunch in Kirkby Lonsdale.

Cheers again for taking the time to give me a steer!

Tom

Comment

No problem. If you do fish Underley please let me know how you get on as Iíve been meaning to try it myself!

Comment

Originally posted by tom_o_m View Post
              Hi All,

We're driving up to Scotland to see family at the end of August and I had hoped to fish the Deveron for sea trout. Unfortunately it is an early run river and I will be too late.

We're breaking up the journey with a stop over in the lake district so I will try and slip away one evening there to get my fix. I am aware that the Kent has a good run but can't find much information.

Can anyone suggest a good stretch of day ticket water for night time sea trout fishing, either on the Kent or another river in the area. It would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks in advance!

Tom
              Hello there Tom,
              I live on the bank of the River Kent just north of Kendal,
              Up until a few year ago I was an avid angler on this once great Seatrout and Salmon river, I was a member of various associations from top to bottom of the system, sadly like many rivers throughout the country its fish stock and runs of Migratory Fish has declined.
              Kent Angling have the water from just above Kendal to Sedgwick approx 7 miles, double and single bank, you would have to refer to permit and map.
              The said club does have some lovely pools and runs for the fly. Had I not been going away myself on holiday and to fish the Fowey in Cornwall from Sat 24th for a week (Shh don't tell my Mrs) I would have gladly accompanied you and shown you where to go. All info can be obtained from the following link, The secretary of the club owns a tackle shop in Kendal and is very helpful. just give me a shout if you require any more info.
              Very best Regards
              Steve.

[URL=http://www.kentangling.co.uk/index.[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by T7 View Post
                No problem. If you do fish Underley please let me know how you get on as Iíve been meaning to try it myself!
                Unfortunately after an age of me emailing and trying to call with no luck, Underley finally replied by saying that day tickets are only available to their holiday let tenants!! Back to the drawing board for me. I feel gutted as I had my heart set on what looks like a lovely part of the river.

With a week to go I better sort this out asap!

the weather seems to be on my side at least.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Cumbrian Blue View Post

Hello there Tom,
                  I live on the bank of the River Kent just north of Kendal,
                  Up until a few year ago I was an avid angler on this once great Seatrout and Salmon river, I was a member of various associations from top to bottom of the system, sadly like many rivers throughout the country its fish stock and runs of Migratory Fish has declined.
                  Kent Angling have the water from just above Kendal to Sedgwick approx 7 miles, double and single bank, you would have to refer to permit and map.
                  The said club does have some lovely pools and runs for the fly. Had I not been going away myself on holiday and to fish the Fowey in Cornwall from Sat 24th for a week (Shh don't tell my Mrs) I would have gladly accompanied you and shown you where to go. All info can be obtained from the following link, The secretary of the club owns a tackle shop in Kendal and is very helpful. just give me a shout if you require any more info.
                  Very best Regards
                  Steve.

[URL=http://www.kentangling.co.uk/index.[/URL]
                  Hi Steve, apologies for the delay responding, I missed this. How sad to hear that the Kent is as afflicted as many of the other rivers.

I might well fish this water, it is a shame you aren't around! I would be very interested in any top tips, and preferred beats/pools if your happy to share by PM?

Where on the Fowey are you fishing? It's a lovely little river in a cracking part of the world.

many thanks,

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tom_o_m View Post

Hi Steve, apologies for the delay responding, I missed this. How sad to hear that the Kent is as afflicted as many of the other rivers.

I might well fish this water, it is a shame you aren't around! I would be very interested in any top tips, and preferred beats/pools if your happy to share by PM?

Where on the Fowey are you fishing? It's a lovely little river in a cracking part of the world.

many thanks,

Tom
                    Hiya Tom, Just having a weeks break before I have surgery on my hands, its a last minute booking so wont be full on fishing, I'll have the Mrs with me acting as handbrake LOL, Have got a cottage that has its own private fishing on the Fowey, just downstream from Wainsford, so will be doing a few hours in the evenings after doing a bit of touring about through the day, also taking a bit of sea tackle to have a chuck off the harbor walls and rocks etc, the Mrs enjoys that as she has a go, as long as I put the worms and bait on for her.

Hopefully there will be a few fish in the system and I make contact, will post a report with what's what, fingers crossed it will be a positive one.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Cumbrian Blue View Post

Hiya Tom, Just having a weeks break before I have surgery on my hands, its a last minute booking so wont be full on fishing, I'll have the Mrs with me acting as handbrake LOL, Have got a cottage that has its own private fishing on the Fowey, just downstream from Wainsford, so will be doing a few hours in the evenings after doing a bit of touring about through the day, also taking a bit of sea tackle to have a chuck off the harbor walls and rocks etc, the Mrs enjoys that as she has a go, as long as I put the worms and bait on for her.

Hopefully there will be a few fish in the system and I make contact, will post a report with what's what, fingers crossed it will be a positive one.

Steve
                      Hi Steve,

How did you get on? Was it Rivermead by any chance? I'm keen to give them or Wainsfird a go.

good luck with the surgery.

Tom

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X