best spot on ribble?

Ribblerod

This the Minnow pool as mentioned in many Ribble reports. Pictured is the Wall it is undercut and runs down the deeper side.

Ribblerod

This shows the main belly of the pool, by the way the car is there so as to move poachers on from the pool that night- i usually walk!

T7

Nice shots RR. I am lucky enough to be a member of that stretch. Had a few sea trout this season but didn't fish all that much because of the floods we had this summer. Can't wait till 2009!

Ribblerod

Well it was shall we say an unusuall year. My own catch was restricted from late June through July - only three Sea trout after then! On the bright side it was good for the salmon this season.

The picture were taken very near the end of the season when a few big Seatrout came through unexpectedly but i seemed to be fishing behind them fished till midnight for one strike at a wake lure which was probebly a chub

Some nice looking water there Ribblerod, the Ribble is a very nice river, never got to fish it the 2008 season but hopefully will be back 2009.

trinamadan

I have fished the stretch in the past when Big Ivan was the bailiff . I am told it regularly produces day time seatrout , perhaps they are more settled when the poachers are still in Burnley. I remember Ivan saying to me that if they moved that particular town to somewhere on the south coast we would have no more problems.[apologies to decent Burnley folk and their fine football team.]
Thought I would post this picture. Not a particularly good spot nor a great photograph but what a gorgeous early Spring day - February this year. Just think only two months away from a time when we are full of hope and energy.
http://[/IMG]

Ribblerod

I can tell you most of the poachers do not now live in Burnley. Ivan Duxbury is sadly missed and a massive amount of knoledge of the river left us with his passing- The Aspinal arms is missing something now without Ivan sat at the bar passing on his years of experiance.
in fairness i had a few years away from this beat having fished it previously i became disalusioned by the old ownership and the way it was run -too many rods, too many "guests" and the deal with RADAC grossly unfair on syndicate members.
under the control of Martin and David and those that now fish there it is in the best hands possible