McKenzie-Philps Yorkshire Graphite 4/9#

compagnito

A sturdy reliable rod that will do all that is reasonably asked. Rated 4 - 9# (I know)

Rated 4 - 9# I have fished it with a DT6# would make a great sea trout or single handed salmon rod.

I guess a Wf8# would be a sensible upper limit.

The rod is three piece and weighs 5.5 ounces.

It is in really good condition and well finished. It has Bermuda lined rings which look good, with two free liners supplied.

A tough rod that was built to endure collisions with trees unlike some of the modern powder puffs.

£25 inc p&p

what a treat for those sewin night fishing trips, or loch or reservoir dabbling expeditions.

The rod looks in vgc for it's age - no faults like loose rings or whippings - joints are nice and firm.

ACW

How long is it,I have a 2 peice 10 footer from this stable ,was a great rezzer rod in its day,what some 30 years ago !

compagnito

How long is it,I have a 2 peice 10 footer from this stable ,was a great rezzer rod in its day,what some 30 years ago !
Yeh 10.5 feet.

Peter McK-P was a very good caster & instructor and also wrote two or three good books - the salmon one being particularly good. He knew what he was talking about - the rod is from the 80's but it casts well and is in good nick.

Will certainly survive the odd collision with trees that always seem to happen.

How was the Deveron Andy?

ACW

Deveron was hard , 1.6 ft and dirty sunday night on arivall,dropped to 8 " and clearing ,a missed fish on the monday and that was my lot ,big fly small fly sinkers full floater and in between .
The beat seemed empty of fish compared to previous seasons.
Hope to down load and post some piccys later.
Re Mackenzie Philps used to love his tackle biz ,only limited items but all what he used himself.have a couple of his books ,and the spey casting video ( not v good).
When he died the closest to his style of tackle dealing was and still is Steve Parton ,who I still use a lot .
The 10 footer was is a strange rod ,fishes a long dt #6 and #10 shooting heads both rather well .Heavy though by todays standards,think B&W built them for him !