Afon/River Tywi 2013

Aled

Cheers guys.
Fished well upstream of Llandeilo last night.
Managed a lovely 7lb fish last night on a 1 inch black and orange ali tube combined with a slow intermediate 11.50pm.Fish was returned and swam off strongly. Saw/heard another 4 move.
Tight Lines
Aled

Andy R

Nice one Aled, two good fish, doesn't matter if one was on the worm, you really need to know what you're doing in low water, very skillful method IMO, keep at them,

Andy

Aled

Cheers guys, havent fished properly since although i took Ifan (my son) down to teach him to cast in the middle of the day. We didnt catch much be we saw 1 sewin and 2 salmon (i think) jump/turn.
Tight Lines
Aled

Waddington

First time out in a few weeks last night on the middle river. I'd been warned it was hard going and found this to be the case.

While the water was alive with trout rising, I didn't see or hear a single sewin. In fairness I didn't give it long, as the long march back to the car was not going to get any easier! Unsurprisingly I blanked, but it was still nice to be back out and hope to try again soon. I'm sure things can only get better!

Phil :)

An Griannach

Doesn't sound good for our trip tomorrow. We're fishing tomorrow night, planned for Llandeilo. Did any water come, or should we try another river?

wilkeskf

.................Sorry to say had to resort to the dark arts, and was caught on a running worm in a spot unfishable with fly!
Well done on catching a fish properly, much more rewarding than "mechanical fishing" with a fly in the dark !!

Aled

LOL wilkeskf!
Sorry An Grannach been away from a computer screen for a few days. would of replied had i seen your post. How did you get on?
Tight Lines
Aled

An Griannach

Back from our trip last night. We fished Llandeilo last Thursday and Friday night. On Thursday we went up to the Car Pool and fished those pools. Heard 2 fish in the Car Pool and one at the Rock Pool (I think it's called). We fished hard till daybreak on Thursday and never had as much as a pull.
Friday night we went down below the swinging bridge to the lovely big long pool that finishes with a deep hole above the Railway bridge. Again it was very quiet. I heard one fish splash and we just fished till midnight.
I must say, I was very disapointed. The river seemed practically devoid of any numbers of fish. We met one local chap called Peter who was really friendly and gave us lots of advice. He wasn't upbeat about our prospects though.
I hope yous get some sewin running in the next few weeks. Shame to see such a wonderful river so quiet.
Thanks for all the tips btw!

Aled

Seems par for the course these days An Griannach (sadly)
Had a few hours fresh air on Tuesday night, saw 2 fish move, and had one defintie sewin take.
Tight Lines
Aled

ps River could do with a rise, but for once i am not going to wish for rain!

Aled

Fished upstream of Llandeilo last night and we saw around 18 fish move, most i've seen in one night for a while mostly smaller shoal fish but one doubler and a couple around the 4-6lb. Had 5 sewin takes, but only managed to land one shoalie, my good mate Arwel also managed a shoalie. Nice to see a few fish about.
Tight Lines
Aled

Aled

Had a few hours last night, did not get a take and only saw 3 fish move, we need some rain now. The valley was eerily quiet last night, no foxes, no crows, no sheep making any noises at all weird!
Tight Lines
Aled

tote

Do you see many otters down there Aled? Everytime I'm on the river at night up here I see and hear plenty of them.

Aled

Not totally sure Tote, cant say "definately" bit of disturbance in the distance perhaps!
Tight Lines
Aled

Waddington

Had a quick few hours on the middle river yesterday evening. As I suspected the welcome rise in water levels of about 1ft, was pretty thick with weed and debris after the long dry spell. Fishing was hard work constantly clearing rubbish off lures and apart from a few small trout a blank. Hopefully this small rise has cleared out a fair bit of the rubbish and with rain forecast tomorrow, a decent cleaner spate might lead to some good fishing.

Phil