Cheap Lenser dual head lamps

otisthedog

That's where I bought mine - good price, v.quick delivery.
Have to admit tho... I only bought it as I thought my Energiser LED had died. It's now working again... typical! I live in a baseball cap for work and fishing and the energiser is both lighter, more comfy and light isn't restricted by the peak when worn over my cap (unlike the Lenser). The Lenser is far better made (quality bit of kit) and the dimmer thing is okay (tho comments I've read about a mega powerful beam that could be used for lamping... EH???) , but the separate battery unit (and especially the cable) is a pain in the backside (tangles, bangs against my net and is a little uncomfy). So not over-chuffed with it. However, I know that others on the STF rave about em.
By the way - anyone know where I can get several of the old Energizer 3X LED ones? The new version doesn't have a red LED and I'd like to get some spare ones as they ain't the most durable.

Just my used and abused review!!!

Tim

shocker

Very Big Cornish Sea Trout - one of a kind
On the baseball hat thing,last year I posted up that Lidl or Aldi had baseball caps with LEDs built into the peak and a tiny battery box inside....Tim,could you and David get a few of those and send them to whoever does your AA caps and get the logo put on them?

Lenser torchs on the whole are a very good product,I had the first model bought for me many years ago by a very wealthy pal - they were ludicrously expensive to start with.It had only one LED and the lense that gave rise to the name,and was thus much more illumination than needed for fishing,though ideal for finding your way home.It had a knurled alloy cylinder case that chipped my teeth holding it in the time honoured oral fashion so it has been wrapped with insulating tape ever since.
It is the only LED torch to have lasted more than a year or two.

On the same site the link is to,above,I found a nifty LED and laser flexi-neck torch that could live inside your jumper with the goose neck lamp pointing down to the ideal fly tying-on position.....about a fiver,delivered.

Me,being the chiseller that I am,I use a red 3 LED bicycle lamp from the £1 stall at the market for the actual fishing bit of the night.Which isnt very long as most of my time is spent getting lost in places that I have known for years,falling in ditches,hedges etc and hiding because I got scared.

fordfly

I got my Energiser headlamp from B&Q,i think Argos sell them aswell. Im on my 3rd season with mine doese wot it says on the plastic packet thing lol

otisthedog

I got my Energiser headlamp from B&Q,i think Argos sell them aswell. Im on my 3rd season with mine doese wot it says on the plastic packet thing lol
Yes, but they don't sell them anymore - the new ones don't have a red LED and the more expensive ones have a push button so that when you want to switch it off you have to cycle through lots of bright white settings - ruining your night vision!

Shocker you eternal tinkererer...! The Energizer is the one for me. Like the way it tilts too which you can't do with a hat with LED in peak. Have tried them before. Ok but not as good.

shocker

Very Big Cornish Sea Trout - one of a kind
I can have a look at the Liskeard branch ( who are pretty bloody useless less'n you are in horsey-culture) for you Tim,next week....up to L'aa'n'son you got Maunders or Holsworthy Mole valley,at Underlane.

PS Curses! My plan to get you and David into Lidl hats and thus undermine your credibility has failed !!

xl50

Got back of holiday and my torch is here. All I need now is a tad less water and the weather to get a tad warmer....

fordfly

If youve got a "home sense" near you i found a headlamp just like the old energiser with slide switch for £6! I bought 1 as a spare. Cheers andy

dazarooney

If youve got a "home sense" near you i found a headlamp just like the old energiser with slide switch for £6! I bought 1 as a spare. Cheers andy
Yeah you can pick up some good bargains from there. The shop is a bit of a dump but it has a lot of stuff!

Hoppy

Administrator
Staff member
Dazarooney - I have removed your signature as it was a link to a commercial venture without permission - links of this type will come at a cost. There were no fishing relayed products on the site.

For further information and advertising prices please pm me

Hoppy