Conwy 2013

stuartpengs

Hmmm, fish are being a bit lady-like at the moment - quiet and sulky for no apparent reason. Conditions and levels have are pretty much on the money but they're not moving and the fish that are in are very quiet.

elwyman

There was a good flood over the weekend but I've not heard of any salmon being caught, and the only sea trout I've seen have looked very stale.
Saw a couple of fresh silver fish showing in a pool on Saturday evening, as the river was rising fast, but catches seem to have been poor.

stuartpengs

Well, one of those nights we've all had that haunt us for many a year. A big fish hooked and lost. Though they're proving difficult to hook I'm encouraged by the amount of fish in the river. Some really good fish entering the pools last night. Managed 3 fish on Monday night, all over 2lb, plus the big one lost. A couple more last night with plenty of fish showing. Some really good numbers of fish in, and all the ones caught are in fine fettle.

Andy R

Bad luck on losing a big one, it is painful I know from bitter experience...... glad to hear there's good numbers of fish in, hopefully bodes well for a good spawning season.

Apologies in advance, but I can't resist......do you think the run is late this year? Sorry!

Andy

stuartpengs

No apology needed Andy. It's difficult to say with any accuracy, the Conwy fish can run right through to close of season so once there are fish in it's virtually impossible to accurately gauge numbers. Had my fist fish in June this year, as is the same for the last few years so there was nothing to point to them being any later than normal.

Andy R

Well good to hear there's a good stock of fish in the Conway, the Dovey run should all be in by now, not that I'm going back other than to salmon fish ( if I can) looking forward to next season already...

Andy

Jonathan

Agree there now seem to be a number of fish about. I had three last night including a really nice fish of about 7.5lb. I don't know the Conwy well enough to speak of late runs or not, but the big fish was a lovely fish which I wouldn't have said looked like an end of August fish.

elwyman

Well done guys, I think your results have tempted me away from the bass fishing this weekend!
Great fish Jonathan, and you did well during your week off as well.