Cumbrian Tragedy

Hoppy

Administrator
Staff member
I would like to send my thoughts and condolences to those effected by the tragic events in Cumbria today.

I know this area well and have friends in West Cumbria and hope they are well.

Some of the communities effected have strong ties to fishing, Egremont and Eskdale and my thoughts are with all effected.

Hoppy

Aled

I would like to echo those sentiments Hoppy.
I recognised place names from our fishing trip back in 06.
Sad News my condolences.
Aled

dangler

I echoe the sentiments above.
Such an act is obscene anywhere, but in such a lovely part of the country it is beyond all reason.
Condolences to all those affected.

Mike

Simon Grace

I too would also like to pass on my condolences to all those whose lives have been shattered by such a terrible act.
Its difficult to come to terms with such tradgedy.For some life has ended,for others life has permanently changed.How very sad:(:(

Ribblerod

A terrible way to loose a loved one. Why does this happen in modern society? It never happened before Hungerford

highplains

My old stomping ground: great fishing, great people and great countryside.

I wish them all comfort in this their hour of need.

I have to say I am amazed that the police in the area are facing criticism for not stopping the culprit sooner. What happened did they loose their Cristal ball? This blame culture is getting *.* stupid. It is a sad tragedy with, as far as we know one sad and sorry sole to blame, who is now dead like his twelve victims. The emergency services deserve medals not *.* blame and the survivors and their relatives: compassion.