Favourite foodies, what's yours?

T7

It has to be a Sunday roast surely? No finer meal to be found anywhere in the world, especially roast beef with Yorkshires, roast spuds, parsnips, veg, good gravy, and horseradish sauce. In recent years I've included some celeriac mash if I can be bothered, but it really does add something. Now that I've written this, I am determined to do one this coming Sunday!
I have horseradish on every roast dinner regardless of the meat!

SteveG

It has to be a Sunday roast surely? No finer meal to be found anywhere in the world, especially roast beef with Yorkshires, roast spuds, parsnips, veg, good gravy, and horseradish sauce. In recent years I've included some celeriac mash if I can be bothered, but it really does add something. Now that I've written this, I am determined to do one this coming Sunday!
Definitely the best meal around but horseradish sauce were u dragged up ??dear god the very thought of the stuff ?

Andy62

Horseradish with salmon, horseradish mixed with mustard, try it on a burger or sausages(y) Next to home made mint sauce it's one of the best.

elwyman

I started to drool as I read this.?

(Except for the horseradish bit!)

Alwyn

Horseraddish is perfect for beef and if it’s not available, English mustard is a good stand-in. I’m definitely having a roast on Sunday now ?

Andy62

I had a walk along my local river last night after a trout (they are only a few) When I got home there was a full roast lamb dinner, can't knock that on a Tuesday night and I think that lady needs to have more days off work :)
Fresh mint sauce and Speckled Hen (y)

luney

Happy Easter everyone,
Well I have completed an alcohol free Lent which for anyone who doesn't know is 40 days of fasting from something you love. As a child it was sweets, never got far with that one ?‍♂? I did 39 days as I'm of Irish decent I'm allowed St Patrick's day off, you can check it's in the good book?? So today is Roast Rolled rib of beef with the usual. I took Simon's advice and bought some sparkling french white wine for starters and a toast to my outstanding effort?? Whilest I've the chefs hat on I have a very nice Malbec to keep me company. For the sit down a very full bodied Macedonian red 15% which was recommended to me. Pudding consists of Hob Gobblin Ruby ale. Then A night cap or two from Scotland's finest, Springbank 12 year old cask strength. In the morning I'll have a head like Birkenhead but that tomorrow. Enjoy your day Eat well and drink well. Slainte

T7

Happy Easter everyone,
Well I have completed an alcohol free Lent which for anyone who doesn't know is 40 days of fasting from something you love. As a child it was sweets, never got far with that one ?‍♂? I did 39 days as I'm of Irish decent I'm allowed St Patrick's day off, you can check it's in the good book?? So today is Roast Rolled rib of beef with the usual. I took Simon's advice and bought some sparkling french white wine for starters and a toast to my outstanding effort?? Whilest I've the chefs hat on I have a very nice Malbec to keep me company. For the sit down a very full bodied Macedonian red 15% which was recommended to me. Pudding consists of Hob Gobblin Ruby ale. Then A night cap or two from Scotland's finest, Springbank 12 year old cask strength. In the morning I'll have a head like Birkenhead but that tomorrow. Enjoy your day Eat well and drink well. Slainte
Absolutely textbook! Enjoy mate

weatherman

Ear;ler on for some reason, I made a shallot marinade...D'oh! It consists of shallots, garlic, brown sugar, dried chillies, soy sauce (light), lemon juice & tomato puree. It tastes fantastic, that's before adding or cooking with anything. I'm tempted to visit a stewpond & bathe the bladdered 'bow in my concoction. A wise decision or not?

elwyman

Ear;ler on for some reason, I made a shallot marinade...D'oh! It consists of shallots, garlic, brown sugar, dried chillies, soy sauce (light), lemon juice & tomato puree. It tastes fantastic, that's before adding or cooking with anything. I'm tempted to visit a stewpond & bathe the bladdered 'bow in my concoction. A wise decision or not?
Sounds like a good excuse to go fishing!