Fish food 2014

stuartpengs

Hi chaps,

well, clock is ticking towards the new season, will soon be here. As usual I'll start my fishing forays on still waters for some wild brownies and some reservoir fishing. Been slowly knocking some trout flies off at the vice; sea trout ones will follow once the season gets underway. Anyway, here's a few wets from the vice so far in 2014:

P.S. shame the forum default background has changed from white to off white. Oh well ...

Andy R

They look fantastic, I especially like the winged wet, looks like a cinnamon green peter with a red a**e, mudler is great as well. I'm missing my fly tying at the moment, need to build a boot rack before I can build my fly tying desk.....at the minute still doing lots of work work and course work until April......

stuartpengs

Thanks chaps. Andy, sod the boot rack, get the vice out. Hope you're getting some sleep now? Liphook, they'll get a swim in quite a few locations; Brenig, Tal-y-Llyn, Stocks and a couple of Tarns in Yorkshire.

Cheers Jon.

weatherman

Have to agree, a very nice selection of flies there Stuart. Don't mind me asking, but what hooks have you used to tie them up on?

stuartpengs

Thanks chaps. Weatherman, there's one or two on B175's and the black nickel ones are Fulling Mill Comp Heavyweight Black 31531. Size wise there's a mixture of 10 and 12.

Andy R

Thanks chaps. Andy, sod the boot rack, get the vice out. Hope you're getting some sleep now? Liphook, they'll get a swim in quite a few locations; Brenig, Tal-y-Llyn, Stocks and a couple of Tarns in Yorkshire.

Cheers Jon.
Jon,

Unfortunately, no boot rack = unhappy wife= revocation of three days on Tweed in the Autumn, so I've got to finish that first......

Not a huge amount of sleep, up to fours hours at a time, luckily my wife is bearing the brunt of it, I've been in the front room due to my demanding job ( off to London at 5am at least once per week), my rosta tonight though..... look out Thomas daddy's in charge.

Andy

Andy

stuartpengs

Jon,

Unfortunately, no boot rack = unhappy wife= revocation of three days on Tweed in the Autumn, so I've got to finish that first......

Not a huge amount of sleep, up to fours hours at a time, luckily my wife is bearing the brunt of it, I've been in the front room due to my demanding job ( off to London at 5am at least once per week), my rosta tonight though..... look out Thomas daddy's in charge.

Andy

Andy
Stuart, not Jon, I was thanking Jon for the comment :D

Get him into a routine sharpish Andy, need him sleeping right through by end of May! If it's not happening by April, break out the Calpol :D

Andy R

Sorry Stuart, sleep deprevation in action there.....

Last night was a breakthrough though, 5 hours straight.