Hospice Auction of sundry good quality gear

highplains

Hi to you all,

I have been approached by St David's Hospice, Llandudno, they have revived a large parcel of fly tying materials as well as a number of boxes of flies, fly boxes and other related gear, and they need to sell it for the best possible price. It seems to me that to hold an open auction here would be a good way to sell the assortment and hopefully get a reasonable price. In view of the number of pieces I will post lots, with lot numbers, so you can bid against each lot. I suspect the quality of photos this forum will let me post, may not be as good as the originals, so if you would like to see more details, just let me know and I will send you a high quality picture. The items are good quality and in good condition as far as I can see, but we have to proceed on a "bought as seen" basis as all the gear is at the hospice store and they do not have the facilities for taking returns. Please feel free to ask questions about the items, which I will do my best to answer honestly. If you wish to see the items they are available to view at the hospice store in Llandudno. The cost of postage and packaging will be added to the cost of the bid figure. I am sure you will understand that I can not put postage costs at this stage. All payments will be to the hospice direct. I have checked their web site and you can pay by donating there, or send cheques or postal orders to teh hospice: I will get full details later

Not sure how best to proceed so I will just set about listing them and hope you will do your best.

I think at this stage I am supposed to say happy bidding and thanks to the administrators, who I hope will allow this to proceed.

Last edited:

highplains

Lot 1

Lot 1

Assorted fly tying materials.jpg

A box of assorted materials. Click on the image to enlarge it.

Note: the box to follow are all about the same size. Zag boxes on the web are size 530 x 386

Last edited:

highplains

Lot 3

Box of flies 1.jpgLabel box of flies 1.jpg

The label relates to each pocket in the box. I checked the hooks, they are all in good condition and the flies well tied. Again box is the same size as those above: so lots of flies

highplains

Lot 15

Lot 15

Size 12 orvis wading boots cropped.jpg

A pair of size 12 Orvis wading boots. These boots have felt soles and look as though they have never been worn: I don't like the idea of secondhand boots either, but in this case they are as new.

Please let your pals kknow about these lots, they are in a good cause.

Just to confirm, no money to me, all direct to the hospice.

Alwyn

Aren't Lots 1 + 2 duplicated?

Anyway, I'll bid £20 for Lot 1, £15 for Lot 12.