River Neath 2014

weatherman

As I have mentioned in other threads, the Neath catchment area has had a significant amount of localised rain, as of yet there has not been a reasonable amount of rise to the river level, at present, it's still raining but not heavily, so only time will tell, fingers crossed.

weatherman

The recent rainfall within the area managed to lift the river around 6 to 8 inches; there was a considerable amount of colour yesterday which has now cleared, hardly enough to make any sort of significant change to the slime that's embedded on the river bed.

fordfly

Exactly the same on the Tawe Jeff,did see a few fish pushing through though. At least it'll add some much needed flow to the pools.
Tightlines mate.
Andy

weatherman

As things are Andy, the moon's on the make, tides are getting bigger, we need a drop more of the wet stuff to help the salmon get in now seeing as we're into August! Tight lines to you too mate! ;)

weatherman

After this bit of a storm we've experienced, the Neath is up around 2ft and running the colour of mud. Showers forecast for tomorrow, so hopefully, the colour will run out but with a decent flow we should see some decent daytime activity........hope the fish are reading these posts and co-operate! :D

Andy R

Let's hope so, I'm trying to negotiate an evenings fishing on the Dovey, I'd ideally like o go tomorrow night, the fact she's got yoga on Tuesday night may swing it ( she's still in a huff as I went night fishing last Tuesday night so she couldn't go)

Tight lines if you're out.

Andy R

It went up to about 1.3 metres, which is only about a foot on summer level....to give you context there are some pools you can night fish on 1.2 metres. I was dropping by 4pm, but we had heavy rain this afternoon after 4pm so I'd have thought it would be on the way up again. A good 2m flood is needed really...

weatherman

I think that has been a feature on many Welsh rivers this season, drought conditions on some, whereas, the last few seasons have been, for some, complete wash-outs......global warming, perhaps? :rolleyes::confused:

weatherman

News has it that there have been a few salmon seen in the lower reaches of the river, combined with this recent rise and more rain forecast for the end of the week, prospects are looking pretty good for the next few weeks. :rolleyes:

weatherman

Had rain most of today, nothing really heavy but persistent. There's been no significant rise in river level nor of any sign of colouring up. Hopefully, there could well be some interesting outings over the weekend for both day time salmon or night time sea trout fishing.....tight lines;)

weatherman

Pleasantly surprised the river came up around 2 feet overnight, carrying a fair bit of colour but still capable of taking a fly. Bit too much though for a night outing.

(Not on F/B Jon, heard you've had another eventful week on the Og though bud... :rolleyes:)

weatherman

There's a few salmon in with us, not a great amount as of yet, a few have been caught, :)p) so this last bit of water should hopefully see more move in, I don't suppose it will be that long before they start showing over there with you on the Ogmore Jon bud

jj1

We havnt had a good salmon run for about 5 years, last year was just diabolical :(
A few have come out this year but theres not enuf in there to target them, now the sewin on the other hand is another matter!
Do the salmon still stack up in those pools up in the horses field?
Jon

weatherman

Yep big-time, as long as they've had the water to get up and over the gauging weir, after that there's nothing to stop them getting there.