The Teme - Day 1

Hoppy

Administrator
Staff member
Today was the first of 4 days at the Grayling, and today i had the opportunity of fishing the Hallowed Waters of the Teme in Leintwardine as a guest of the secretary.

If i had to fish one river for the rest of my life and only one club - bar none it would be here. Ive been very lucky in my life ive fished some stunning beats on Chalkstreams, and prime river beats on exclusive waters - but this is head and shoulders above all the rest - it simply is THE perfect river.

When i think of the fish i have seen and been told of in this beat - it beggars belief!

Some pics - there was some gorgeous light today.

This fishing was tough, and i had two fish all day, a frost, freezing easterly wind and frozen rod rings didnt really help - but the fish i had were both woppers - 49cms and 47cms!

A beautiful fish - truly the Queen of the River!

Tomorrow is another day!

Hoppy:cool:;)

SALAR

Nice fish!!!and some nice water,I was admiring the river from the bridge at dinner time today(it was bloody cold thou)..

Stump...

Hoppy

Administrator
Staff member
Stump, It was bloomin freezin - had a bit of a dip too!

Lots of potential for Silver - i have an invite for nxt season - some lovely runs downstream!

Didnt see a single Redd or Salmon today - although i have been told that there is a run of silver fish in the system. However these arent springers - rather very late run fish that havent spawned - god help em next week!

Hoppy

bluecharm

If i had to fish one river for the rest of my life and only one club - bar none it would be here. Ive been very lucky in my life ive fished some stunning beats on Chalkstreams, and prime river beats on exclusive waters - but this is head and shoulders above all the rest - it simply is THE perfect river.

When i think of the fish i have seen and been told of in this beat - it beggars belief!

Hoppy:cool:;)
Wow ! Do you really mean that ? That's some accolade. The pictures certainly look great and the 2 fish are beautiful.

Still finding my way around the 'new' site, but it's looking good.

BC.

Hoppy

Administrator
Staff member
BC, Although its not a Sewin river - it has just about everything else, to Specimen sizes - the Countryside is stunning - the river at that point is pretty much untouched - the best Mayfly hatch ive seen - and stunning wild fish.

Yep i'll stick to my previous it is perfect!

Hoppy

Neilh

Anyone else think Hoppy looks a bit like Kojak in that last photo?

Beautiful fish, beautiful setting.

sewinfly

Stump, It was bloomin freezin - had a bit of a dip too!

Lots of potential for Silver - i have an invite for nxt season - some lovely runs downstream!

Didnt see a single Redd or Salmon today - although i have been told that there is a run of silver fish in the system. However these arent springers - rather very late run fish that havent spawned - god help em next week!

Hoppy
Could they be a run of Blue Backs like we have on some of our rivers.
Very late running fresh fish ?

Great photos.

sewinfly................

sewinbasher

The only thing wrong with that village is that I think it's the location for The Green Green Grass, the Only Fools spin off. Fortunately that's nothing to do with the river that does look very nice indeed there. I sometimes go that way when travelling from North to South just to enjoy the scenery.

Hoppy

Administrator
Staff member
Boycee lives near by in real life!

Spence - these fish have just been sitting in the Salt they arent blue/grey backs!

Hoppy