Top fly last season

Teal Blue And Long John Silver

Not difficult to see why it was so successful for you. It is a fine looking pattern. I don't mean to be a cheeky sod but I will be copying it and giving it a go on my own water . If I might add that 22 fish in your first ever season is a highly respectable result. In my own first season I hooked 4 trees and stuck a size 10 double in a cows arse that was munching grass on the opposite bank ;)

Reactions: T7

ian1104

Not difficult to see why it was so successful for you. It is a fine looking pattern. I don't mean to be a cheeky sod but I will be copying it and giving it a go on my own water . If I might add that 22 fish in your first ever season is a highly respectable result. In my own first season I hooked 4 trees and stuck a size 10 double in a cows arse that was munching grass on the opposite bank ;)
No problem at all with you copying it.... let me know how you get on! The full dressing is:

Hook: B175 size 8
Thread: Uni 6/0 red
Body: Silver Holo flat tinsel
Rib: Silver wire
Hackle: Kingfisher Blue hen hackle
Wing: Bunch of Peacock Sword fibres
Over Wing: Teal

As for hooking trees, I've done that way too many times!!!! Not hooked any cows so far, but I did have a very close encounter with an over-friendly horse!! And managed to hook a bat .:oops:

T7

Lovely fly. Welcome to the forum and look forward to seeing more of your flies.

Teal Blue And Long John Silver

No problem at all with you copying it.... let me know how you get on! The full dressing is:

Hook: B175 size 8
Thread: Uni 6/0 red
Body: Silver Holo flat tinsel
Rib: Silver wire
Hackle: Kingfisher Blue hen hackle
Wing: Bunch of Peacock Sword fibres
Over Wing: Teal

As for hooking trees, I've done that way too many times!!!! Not hooked any cows so far, but I did have a very close encounter with an over-friendly horse!! And managed to hook a bat .:oops:

Welcome from me too although I am new here myself. Thank you for the tying list for the fly. On the subject of catching a bat, I used to shoot clays at a ground called Kelbrook Lodge. There was a lady who owned the cafe and her son, daughter in law and husband all took up sea trout fishing. Her son was on the Ribble one night and heard something fluttering in the water. He picked it up and it was a freezing cold and half drowned bat. In an attempt to give it warmth he stuck the bat down his waders. Sometime later the bat appeared to be making a recovery and was scurrying around in the top of his waders. He reached inside to release the said critter and the ungrateful SOB chewed a lump from the end of his index finger. Fearing rabies he and his mate went to Blackburn Royal Infirmary and they contacted Liverpool to get the required medication expedited over. He went through immediate treatment and follow up treatment and was released from the care of the hospital. 7 weeks later he was sea trout fishing on the Ribble and a bat attached itself to the tip section of his fly rod. He wafted and waved but the said bat was not for shifting easily. He put the rod the down and grasped at the bat and yes you guessed it, got bitten on the hand. Went to Blackburn Royal and they contacted Liverpool. It transpired that his previous course of treatment would prevent him from getting rabies and he was discharged. This story is completely true and exactly how it was explained to me over breakfast one Sunday morning cooked by the lads mum :)

ian1104

Welcome from me too although I am new here myself. Thank you for the tying list for the fly. On the subject of catching a bat, I used to shoot clays at a ground called Kelbrook Lodge. There was a lady who owned the cafe and her son, daughter in law and husband all took up sea trout fishing. Her son was on the Ribble one night and heard something fluttering in the water. He picked it up and it was a freezing cold and half drowned bat. In an attempt to give it warmth he stuck the bat down his waders. Sometime later the bat appeared to be making a recovery and was scurrying around in the top of his waders. He reached inside to release the said critter and the ungrateful SOB chewed a lump from the end of his index finger. Fearing rabies he and his mate went to Blackburn Royal Infirmary and they contacted Liverpool to get the required medication expedited over. He went through immediate treatment and follow up treatment and was released from the care of the hospital. 7 weeks later he was sea trout fishing on the Ribble and a bat attached itself to the tip section of his fly rod. He wafted and waved but the said bat was not for shifting easily. He put the rod the down and grasped at the bat and yes you guessed it, got bitten on the hand. Went to Blackburn Royal and they contacted Liverpool. It transpired that his previous course of treatment would prevent him from getting rabies and he was discharged. This story is completely true and exactly how it was explained to me over breakfast one Sunday morning cooked by the lads mum :)
Unbelievable!!!